Saturday, September 14, 2013

Crazy Days Ahead......

Gosh, it has been over a month since my last blog post.  Can't believe it.  Had someone send me a message saying they missed seeing them.

What have I been up to that I  didn't post?  Not really much of anything particular.  In fact, more like not much of anything.  Hit a funk and it then turned to a moody rut.  Not really the Mind Place I like to blog from.  Oh well, maybe getting it out will help get me out of the rut.

Feel frustrated these days.  Sharing it with all of you so that if you are having a funk too, maybe you will feel a bit less alone and not give up or give in to the funk.

The intellectual part of me understands the process and why the body reacts how it does and to "not get hung up on numbers" but the emotional part.......is struggling.  I hate writing these types of posts as it feels like I am whining.  Well.......  I suppose I am.

Upsides of all my work:
-I am so much stronger
-I am so much more confident
-Have achieved so much more than I ever thought I could
-I LOVE WORKING OUT WITH A PERSONAL TRAINER

Downsides
-The scale is NOT going where I wanted it to be.  I will not hit my weight loss goal for my birthday and I have to let it go.
-While many parts of me are shrinking and everything is more toned, my damn thighs WILL NOT SHRINK
-I have never been so tired of thinking about what I eat and the act of eating itself.
-There never seems to be enough money or time to balance everything I want to do
-Stress is NOT my friend, nor is insomnia

I could make excuses.... I had a cold, my job has become a bit crazy, it is getting dark so early and making me sad........blah, blah, blah.  Time to put up or shut up right?


SO....... the lessons for this month and what is the new plan:

1.  I will now always wait until the morning AFTER  rest day to do weight and measurements.  This month I decided to do it after 6 days of hardwork outs and a bout of the DOMS.  This made me nearly throw in the towel.  It made me cry.  It made the trainer and the fitness manager at the gym need to talk me off the ledge.  It made me feel like I failed.


2.  Tried running and walking for a month to see if I could increase my distance/speed.  Will NEVER be a runner.  Struggled a lot and may have been part of the funk that I thought I should strive to be a runner.  I am not.  I walk, I run, I jog......sometimes I do them all in a single outing.  Running burns more calories but just is not me.  My overall time..... IT IS THE SAME no matter what once I get out past 3 miles.  So, I am following my whimsy.  If I feel like running, I will but I do short little bursts (think a bunch of sprints in the middle of a very long walk).  If I want to walk it all, so be it.  The speed is not what it should be about.  It should be about getting out there and clearing my mind.  Connecting with my body.  Not a "Minutes/Mile" or "Calories Burned".  So.... no more "I have to crack and stay below a 15 minute mile".  It made me HATE going out.


3.  Realized that just because I will not hit the weight loss goal I wanted by my birthday, I have accomplished so much more.  The number on the scale cannot define my failure or my success.  Nor can a measurement.  Success is that I have made changes that will help  me live a longer and health life.

4.  I have to embrace/get back to the FULL workout plan.  3 days per week doesn't cut it.  I need the Cardio 3x/wk and Resistance 3x/wk to keep my body going.  It makes such a difference with my sleep, my mood, my stress level.

5.  With the kid back in school and the chaos of work, I need to keep things simple.  Clean the whole house over the weekend.  Prep and prepare as much as I can on the weekends too.  MAKE A MEAL PLAN FOR THE WHOLE WEEK.

6.  Make time to read too.  This sounds funny but it really is something that is not just a "I like to do it" but instead  NEED to do it.  There is something that reading does for my brain that nothing else does.

7.  Trust in my trainer.  He has gotten me great results and he has assured me the plateau is a temporary thing.  Back to basics he says.  Eat well, train hard, get your water and sleep in and the body will do what it should.  Right now....it is hard to believe it as the scale has not moved for almost 3 weeks  but as he said, it has also not gone up and it WILL drop.

8.  Making the stairs my friend.  Every work day, at least once, I do the stairs.  Down 11 flights, walk a mile, then back up all 11.  NO excuses.  It SUCKS right now.  It will get better.


Well, since it is on the internet, it must be true right?  So I have no choice than to DO IT!!!!

What is on the upcoming agenda?

9-21-13 Women Rock 10k

9-29-13 HeartWalk Chicago 5k

10-13-13 Pumpkin Stampede 5k

10-20-13 Monster Dash 5k AND I TURN 41!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment