Monday, August 12, 2013

RedRun and running with the kid!

The Red Run was a good time!  Finished in 50:00 flat so not too bad.  Had a much better pace until the last 1/2 miles was up a big a$$ hill.  Told the organizers that was my only complaint!!!!

(Might have done better had I not had a few drinks Friday night and only 4 hours sleep....  Just maybe lol)

Did too much post-run Saturday so had a forced rest day yesterday.....


Tonight the kid joined me tonight on a run.  Need to figure out post-race recovery.....  Tried to run my normal route/pace.....  Did not go well.  Made it 2.77 instead of the 3.2, pace of 18:30.

Kid did much better than me but his shoulder started to hurt (think was due to holding a water bottle funny) and then cramp in his foot.  He did the 3.2 with a pace of 16:34...  And that was walking back with his slow gimpy mom.  

He does agree with me..... Running is an ends to a means--  great calorie burn but not actually "fun".

Wednesday he will be doing the 12 mile bike ride....he said he would rather stick to biking....running hurts too much.  (Hehe, tried telling him it gets better but not sure it was convincing since I was limping at the time.)

6 weeks to WomenRock and need to double my distance.

Wish me luck!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment