Sunday, March 9, 2014

Didn't quite fall off the wagon but......

We all know what to do.  The formula is pretty simple- eat right, drink water, exercise.

Yeah.....  I have been in a rut for a while and been hit or miss on the food thing, the water thing and the exercise thing.  (And let's not even discuss where I am at on the supplement thing lol).

The scale has stayed stable so thankfully I won't say I fell off the metaphorical wagon but....  started sleeping like crap, the aches and pains have been coming back and my GI issues were slowly creeping in again.

Every day I would say "OK, today is the day I drink the water, cut the crappy carbs and focus.".....  and then didn't.

Woke up this morning feeling BLCH, bloated, lazy,crappy and hungry.  Decided would focus just on getting in more water before going for a run and having a healthy breakfast.  (Yesterday was "get more veggies").  In 2 1/2 hours, I lost 1.2 pounds.  Ummm...... fluid retention and other issues anyone? All I did was eat breakfast, cup of coffee and 28 ounces of water.

Felt better and went out for the run.  Legs felt like lead the whole way.  Wanted 4 miles, settled for 3.4

What is the lesson learned- my body likes cleaner eating.  It needs a higher than normal protein mix.  I need to take the supplements.  I NEED TO DRINK MORE WATER.  I MUST get in my fiber.

I have 6 days before my next race.  6 days to be true to myself and my body.  To refocus and refuel.


No comments:

Post a Comment