Saturday, April 20, 2013

Race #1 Shelter Inc 5k

First 5k of the 45k for this year is in the books.  Did I have a crazy fast time.... Nope.  Did I have a  pretty damn good time?  I think so.  Waiting for the official time but the App I use showed just under 55 minutes.

MapMyRun shows my splits as follows:
Mile 1 14:34 min/mile

Mile 2 16:19 min/mile
Mile 3 16:26 min/mile
Total time 54:38.
(It also says I went 3.44 miles so....... not sure what to think on that.)

The weather was a bit brisk (34 degrees) and I still need to learn how to breath better.  New shoes made all the different in the shin pain.

I even got an award..... 1st place in the Clydesdale Femail Open C/D Category.  (Walker and based on age/weight.......  not too many women picking to be ranked on their weight.  I figured what the Hell!!!!)


Well, 3 weeks til my next event. Hopefully can get some good workouts between and lower the time some more.  

40k to go!!!
Starting Line
Getting my award


Made it to the Finish Line!

(By the way.... to put it in perspective as it looks beautiful at the walk, this is what I saw when I walked out my front door...Nothing like a fresh snowfall before a 5k.)
Official results are in......  #124 Monica Forss at 55:15  (of 182).  


No comments:

Post a Comment