Sunday, June 2, 2013

A Fun and Colorful weekend

Got a bit colorful this weekend and for once it was not just my language!!


5k #3 for the year is in the books.  This was the ColorVibe in Rockford.  Part of the proceeds went to the Children's Aid + Home Society.  Was able to do it with my AWESOME friend Brenda who is such an inspiration in her weight loss and journey to becoming a runner!!

At the start, everyone took off running and I felt a bit of the "I wanna be a runner too" envy.  So I tried...


It did not go well.  I had a high impact sports bra on but...  Haha!!

Also, if you do one of these-  the colored powder does NOT stick to technical tee's so I had very little powder on my clothes at the end compared to my buddies.


My face was obviously another story.  (And had a ton in the not-so-high impact sports bra!)

My niece Kelsey (who is also my very beautiful God Daughter) did it with her BFF Josie so I got to see her and snag a pic too!


The other great part of the weekend was Friday...  My Aunt Bonnie who I have not seen in way too many years was in town and my Aunts Sally and Rosa.  Spent the whole weekend at my Dad's enjoying the time with family.  We will see tomorrow morning how much damage my Step-mom's awesome cooking did.  (But she had plenty of good choices for me)



My crazy kid could not resist the lure of the pool despite the water temp of 70 and air temp of 68.  He told me it would really help my achy body.  I thought NOT!!



Ok- off to bed for this chick- crazy work week and a 20 mile ride next weekend means I need my zzzz's.


No comments:

Post a Comment