Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Summer is here and yard work is great training!


You know that neighbor with the horrid flower beds?  Choked with weeds?  A complete disaster?  Yeah-that WAS my yard.  Figured out cleaning my flower beds out used much of the same actions if I paid attention as the things the trainer had me doing in the gym.  Squats, lunges, pulling against resistance, deadlifts...  Haha and then I do not have the eyesore yard.

So last weekend I spent another 4 hours in the yard.  That did not include cutting the grass!

Here are a few before and after pics

Behind the garage-before!


And here is the after!  All cutting was done with a bow saw or pruners and all the overgrowth pulled by hand!

(Now to decide what to replant there??)

This bed was cleaned out the week before so needed plants and mulch--
Before:

And after:


Here is the pile if brush (plus 5 bags of stuff too..


Just one (HUGE) one left

That may take a couple weekends!!

Who needs a gym right? 

Trainer again tomorrow but told him we can't up the weights because this weekend I AM GONNA BE A DIRTY GIRL!!  Event number 5 of 9 I have signed up for this year.  5k through the mud with some people I have known since high school and hopefully make a few new friends too.

Realizing I am already 1/2 done with my events has me thinking maybe I don't want the Monster Dash on my birthday to be the end of this.....  Maybe it is just the beginning??  Could I keep doing it?  Suddenly I am googling again and doing the math...  Could I do 8 miles in 2.5 hours??  18.75 min/mile...  Maybe- that is fast enough for the Wheaton Hot Cider on 11-3-13....  What about 5 miles in 3 hours---  no sweat!!  Schaumburg 5 mile Turkey Trot!   I may need a 2nd job to start paying for event fees and shoes.

Hmmmmm-  maybe some of you would like to come along!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment