Thursday, May 9, 2013

Struggling with Will Power and Motivation, and then it arrived in a most unexpected wayl!!!

It has been a rough week.  We all have them.  Kid has been sick.  Work computer went to crap.  SQL has not been my friend.  Stress has me not sleeping.  I could keep listing "reasons" but they are really excuses.  They are.  I have not done ANYTHING physical since Saturday and today is Thursday!  This is BAD.

Worse, I have been eating things I had been avoiding.  Sunday..... CAKE, last night..... Pop Tarts.

Today....

I have stayed in my calorie range but still..... not exactly the "Clean" eating I was trying to do.

Plus, again no exercise so very little calorie deficit.

This week just seemed to be sucking all the motivation out of me.

Then, came encouragement and motivation when I least expected it.

First- at work and two of my VERY awesome coworkers pointed out to me how great I was looking and how they could really tell my hard work in my Ass area!!.  (Thank you Anna and Joey!) OK - seems weird and we all quickly said "and please do not consider this something in the sexual harassment area since we are all heterosexual females...."  HAHA!!  Kinda put a little boost in my step but I will still thinking about the Snickers Ice Cream bars the kid has in the freezer and the piece of leftover cake in the Fridge (damn you Margi Forss...........).


For those following the blog know I am doing 7 5k's and a 10k.  I am a bit stressed about this.  It is looming.  Part of the "UGH" of these events are Packet Pickup.  SO.... for two I was lazy and paid to have the packet delivered to me at home.  The one I worry about most is my Women Rock 10k in September.  One would think this would motivate me.  Not so much this week.

Get home, still thinking of cake and ice cream and open my mail box.  In there is  package from Team Ortho (the group doing the WomenRock 10k).  It is my Bib and Swag for the run.  An awesome performance T, a performance jacket and the ticket for a free glass of bubbly after the event.  It all is awesome Hot Pink/Grey/Black.  And I put it on.  Mind you, I ordered the biggest size they had but as it they are Women's sizes......  let's just say it is a big more snug than I like.  (Think an UnderArmour Compression shirt..... except it is not a compression shirt.)  

There is my MOTIVATION!!!  I have HOT gear for an event in just under 20 weeks.  I need to get down 20 pounds (or more?) and tone up so I have less jiggle in my wiggle so I can look great in this gear.  There is nothing less forgiving than performance T-Shirts.


I would like to say I was so motivated that I jumped right on my Elliptical and cranked out 20 minutes but......  I need a good night sleep first.  I did make MUCH better food choices tonight and have a 5k on Saturday.  I made this picture the lock screen on my phone too so every time I think about making a bad choice, I can think again about how much I want to look GREAT and toned in this gear, not like a hot pink burrito!!!

I LOVE FUCHSIA! (if you have seen my last 3 pairs of shoes, they have been grey or black w/ fuchsia!!!!)

I am going to ROCK that WomenRock event!!!!!!!  Look out!  (I might even drink that glass of bubbly at the finish line, possible migraine be damned!!!)

Moni



No comments:

Post a Comment