Wednesday, July 31, 2013

What makes one "a runner"?



So, was once told by an ortho I should not run....  SI joint is unstable and until that is resolved....  No running.  Through the 'fun' working with AJ my personal torturer oops, I mean personal trainer it no longer slides out.  My IT band is not as tight either so.......  After the Rock-n-Roll and an amazing 8 year old named Alex Smith cheering me into running I thought....  Let's see what happens if I try to do it more.  So, Saturday I tried it again...  Would run and count to 30 and then walk til I felt OK.  Not sure how many intervals I did of this....probably only 4.  Speed walking between.

Monday I rode my bike to give the knees/hips a rest.  I also enjoy the speed of the bike.


Tonight was cardio again.....  Used my MapMyRide's interval and did 15 rounds of run for 30 seconds and walk for 3.  (So for the non- math fans I ran for 7min30sec and walked for 45min38sec when all was said and done.)

My pace average was 16:48... Fastest speed was 8:15min/mile but only able to maintain for the 30seconds.

***Forgot to add--it was HIGH humidity which was a first for me too!

I learned I don't like to jog..... It does not feel natural..  So I either walk or I run.  Does 1/7 of my time spent running mean I can call myself a runner?  Or am I still a walker?  If you don't understand why this matters......  Sign up for a 5k.  Some make you say which you are.......

Going to keep working at it as my legs don't feel to bad.......

So.... For all my fans out there.....CAN I CALL MYSELF A RUNNER?






No comments:

Post a Comment